Click here for more information on the version by José M. de Vinck & Leonidas C. Contos.
Psalm 22 (23)
[No heading/ dedication given, no verse numbers]
THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD, I shall not want.
In a verdant pasture he has made me dwell;
- By restful waters, he has nourished me;
he has restored my soul.
- He has guided me along righteous paths
for the sake of his name.
- Yea, even if I should walk
in the valley of the shadow of death,
- I shall fear no evil,
for you are with me.
- Your rod and your staff,
these have comforted me.
- You have set up a table before me
in the presence of my oppressors.
- you have anointed my head with oil,
your cup cheers me like the best wine.
- And your loving mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life,
- and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
for a great number of days.