For more information on the Modern Evangelical Version by Robert Thomas Helm, click here
John Baptizes Jesus
(9) In those days, Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee to be baptized by John in the Jordan River. (10) And just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, John saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit coming down on Him like a dove. (11) Then a voice came from heaven: "You are My Son, Whom I love, and I am please with You."
Satan Tempts Jesus
(12) Immediately, the Spirit drove Jesus out into the desert, (13) where He remained for 40 days, while Satan was tempting Him. He was with the wild animals, and angels were caring for His needs.
The Word Becomes Flesh
(1) In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was in communion with God,
and the Word was God.
(2) This is the One
Who was in communion with God
at the beginning.
(3) Everything came into being through the Word,
and without Him,
nothing that exists came into being.
(4) In Him was Life,
and that Life was humanity's Light.
(5) The Light keeps shining in the darkness,
and the darkness has not absorbed it.
1 Corinthians 15:1-8
Paul Defines the Good News
(1) Now brothers, I am drawing your attention to the good news that I proclaimed to you - which you received and on which you have taken your stand. (2) If you are clinging to the message that I proclaimed to you, you are being saved by this good news (unless you were not serious when you believed).
(3) For I passed the message that I received on to you, and it has top priority: Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures. (4) He was buried. He was raised on the third day according to the scriptures. (5) And, He appeared to Peter, and then to the twelve.
(6) After that, He appeared to more than 500 of the brothers at the same time, most of whom remain alive, though some have fallen asleep. (7) Then He appeared to James and then to all the apostles. (8) Finally, He even appeared to me, although I was like an aborted baby.