For more information on the translation by Joseph Addison Alexander, click here.
1. A Psalm of David. Jehovah (is) my shepherd, I shall not want.
2. In pastures of verdure he will make me lie down; by waters of rest (or repose) he will lead me.
3. My soul he will restore he will lead me in paths of right (or rectitude) for his name's sake.
4. Also when I walk into (or through) the valley of death-shade, I will not fear evil, for thou (wilt be) with me;
thy rod and thy staff, they will comfort me.
5. Thou wilt spread before me a table in the presence of my adversaries;
thou hast anointed with oil my head; my cup is) overflowing.
6. Only goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of Jehovah to length of days.